Aug 8, 2018
Have you started training for the BGR! Annual Fall National Meet-Up at Race 13.1 Nashville? It’s not too late to begin! Whether you are a seasoned pro or a beginner, check out these simple tips to help you get started.
- Pick your distance and sign up for a race! – May we suggest the BGR Meet-Up at Race 13.1 Nashville?
- Start a training plan- Picking and sticking to a training plan can help runners of every level stay on track!
- Don’t go it alone- Everything is better with a friend. Get connected with your local BGR run-club today.
- Gear Check- Is it breathable? From your socks to your top make sure your running clothes are made from materials that will wick moisture away. This is especially important during these hot summer months! As temperatures cool, keep warm by wearing thin breathable layers. Of course, make sure you have proper running shoes to help boost performance and prevent injury!
- Fuel yourself – When training for a race, it is crucial to drink plenty of fluids and eat well. Healthy carbohydrates are your friend. Carbs before and after a run give your body the energy it needs! A mineral rich diet of nutritious whole foods will help you reach your running goals.
- Mix it up- Don’t run along the same route everyday. Look for new running trails and routes to keep the scenery interesting on those long runs! If you have not explored your town’s local greenways they are a great place to start.
- Find Your Motivation – Why are you running? Is it to make a healthy change, to challenge yourself, to spend more time outside, to join a community, for the swag, because it’s fun, or all of the above? Whatever your reason, write it down! On the tough days when you don’t want to train reflecting on your why can help you get going.
Put these tips to work and we’ll see you in October!
p.s. All registered runners will receive a Race 13.1 tech t-shirt. Half- marathon runners will also receive a Race 13.1 finisher medal. Plus, every BGR! runner who registers by the September 24th deadline on the BGR! registration page will receive the amazing bonus BGR! medal and long sleeve shirt regardless of race distance!