What You’ll Receive:
- Our exclusive 44-page Walk Before You Run Journal that includes:
- A note from BGR! Co-Founders Toni Carey and Ashley Hicks-Rocha
- A glossary of running terms
- Tips on Getting Started
- Recommendations on running gear
- Weekly Training schedules with opportunities to journal and reflect on your training.
- Walk Before You Run Race Bib
- FREE download of BGR!’s mix-tape
- Daily access to Coach Tia to ask questions related to getting started and training
- Weekly tips and articles on running, fueling, general nutrition, strength, cross training and injury prevention and the ability to ask how to adjust plan due to missed runs (i.e., injury, travel, etc.).
- Weekly e-mail newsletter to keep you inspired and motivated
- Bi-weekly Facebook Live with Coach Tia and/or BGR! Co-founders
- Guest appearances by running and fitness experts to make the most of your training
- The support of Black Girls RUN! members from around the country
- On the ground support from your local BGR! group (if local group is participating in your area)
- Opportunity to complete a 5K run and/or graduation in person with your local BGR! group
- Official Walk Before You Run T-Shirt
- Official BGR! Walk Before You Run medal
- Official certificate of completion sent to you upon completion of the program
- 10% off any one-time purchase in the BGR! store
How it Works:
- Once you register for the program, you’ll receive our Walk Before You Run journal and training plan.
- You’ll be added to a secret Facebook group where you’ll have the ability to interact with Coach Tia one-on-one, as well as other Walk Before You Run participants.
- You’ll also receive a welcome email with additional information on accessing content, training plans, discounts, etc., as well as a complete schedule of Facebook Live broadcasts and other key dates.
- Coach Tia will provide you with the complete training schedule including the official kick-off date, as well as graduation dates.
- We’ll also send your name to your local ambassador so that you have on the ground support and opportunities to run locally with your group.
- Download all training plan materials
- Participate in closed Facebook groups
- Complete a 5K
$75 (plus transaction fees)
(with option to use payment plan)
Training Start Date:
February 13, 2017
March 10, 2017
Local Group Graduations:
April 8 & 9: Walk Before You Run Graduation Weekend Option #1
April 15 & 16: Walk Before You Run Graduation Weekend Option #2