Become a BGR! ambassador
Black Girls RUN! is a grassroots organization that has turned into a movement because women across the country want to activate change in their community. Black Girls RUN! Ambassadors serve as the heart and soul of the organization and we’re always looking for women who love to run, want to impact lives in their local community and have a passion for helping others. From organizing and leading group runs, to hosting special workshops for members, Ambassadors volunteer their time to encourage women to live an active and healthy lifestyle, all while having fun!
Has a call for Ambassadors been made in your city?
Here’s a few things you should know before applying to become an Ambassador.
AM I AMBASSADOR MATERIAL?
- Ambassadors should have a positive attitude towards all members
- Demonstrates good leadership characteristics
- Ability to manage various personalities
- Previous Run Coordinator of the group (preferred, not required)
- An active member of the Black Girls RUN! group for at least 6 months preferred
- Consistent runner
- Completed at least a 10K (preferred, not required)
- Attended at least 1 or more meet up/social events hosted by the Black Girls RUN! in your city (preferred, not required)
WHAT ARE MY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Promotes the Black Girls RUN! mission and vision to all women
- Manages the day-to-day management of the group on Facebook and BlackGirlsRUN.com
- Posts all major announcements from Black Girls RUN!
- Plan group run events
- Plan run-related meetups (meet and greets, socials and clinics)
- Recruits/Identies run coordinators and/or group run leaders
- Responds to all local media request once approved by Black Girls RUN!
- Actively participants and engages in member conversation via Facebook and BlackGirlsRUN.com website
- All Ambassadors can serve for a maximum of 2 consecutive years
- Time commitment: 3-6 hours a week
HOW ARE AMBASSADORS CHOSEN?
- Interested members should complete our Ambassador questionnaire (usually open for 10 days).
- Selected candidates will complete a phone interview with their respective Regional Ambassador.
- Regional Ambassadors and current ambassador team make selection. (The number of candidates selected is contingent on group needs)
- Candidates are notied via email.
- Regional Ambassador begins training new ambassadors.
Become an ambassador
- 10% o of merchandise the Black Girls RUN! store
- Complimentary Black Girls RUN! conference and race registration
- Swag bags and gifts throughout the year
- A memorable experience helping other ladies on their running journey!