Well, ladies it’s June 5th and that means we are only 2 weeks away from the longest day of the year, and the first official day of summer! *whispers* Are you ready?
If you're not, don't worry, we are here to help. Not only, do we have a ton of cool ways to get your summer time run on, but we also want to introduce you to the concept mindful eating. Now, we know you have all heard the popular saying, “you can’t outrun a bad diet,” but sometimes it not just what you are eating but how you’re thinking about eating, that causes the problems. Eating mindfully can help with that.
In short, mindful eating helps you distinguish between emotional and physical hunger. It also increases your awareness of food-related triggers, and gives you the freedom to choose your response to them.
Fundamentally, mindful eating involves:
- Eating slowly and without distraction.
- Listening to physical hunger cues and eating only until you’re full.
- Distinguishing between actual hunger and non-hunger triggers for eating.
- Engaging your senses by noticing colors, smells, sounds, textures and tastes.
- Learning to cope with guilt and anxiety about food.
- Eating to maintain overall health and well-being.
- Noticing the effects food has on your feelings and figure.
- Appreciating your food.
Sounds easy enough, right? And truly it is. Listen ladies, we know summer is a synonym for cookouts, family reunions, and drinks with the girls! However, fun with food doesn’t have to mean losing control. We hope you will consider some of the points above the next time you find yourself out and about. Remember ladies, our goals don’t stop for anything.
Stay tuned for more mindful eating tips throughout the month of June.
Leave a comment