Hello Black Girls RUN! -
Black Girls RUN! is so excited to be teaming up with the Trenton Half Marathon for the 4th year in a row on Saturday, October 29th in New Jersey! We have almost 700 ladies coming to the Trenton takeover this year, and another 300 joining us on the pavement virtually!
If you have not registered yet, there is still time! October 22nd is the last day to sign up for the TRENTON VIRTUAL RACE! You can receive the double bling in the mail and run the race anywhere.
Interested in running in Trenton??? October 25th is the deadline to register for the actual race! REGISTER TODAY! #preservethesexy
Coming to Trenton? Here's What You Need to Know for
Black Girls RUN! stuff only!
(For any race/hotel logistics or registration questions, please contact the race directly, firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. EXPO - Black Girls RUN! will be selling gear on site at the expo ONLY!
Wyndham Garden Trenton Hotel
1 West Lafayette St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
Thursday - October 27, 2016 - 12:00pm to 6:00pm
Friday - October 28, 2016 - 12:00pm to 8:00pm
2. VOLUNTEERS - We need volunteers for the expo & race! Sign up for a shift below. You will be assisting with the BGR! store, packet pickup and giving out medals near the finish line.
3. EXPO PACKET PICKUP - You will pickup your packet/shirt/bib at the BGR! booth at the expo. Race volunteers will be on site to assist if you have any questions. This is not for folks who paid extra to have their packet mailed to them or pick up on race day.
4. BGR! SHIRT - If you registered BEFORE September 15th, you will be receiving the Trenton Marathon Black Girls RUN! shirt. If you registered AFTER September 15th, there is no guarantee you will receive the BGR! shirt, and you may only receive the regular race participant shirt.
5. PRE RACE MEET UP - On Friday night, the Central Jersey local group will be hosting a meet up at South Rio from 6 to 9pm! This dinner is PREPAID only! We need a minimum of 100 paid responses for this meet and greet to happen. Family and friends are invited as well. We hope to see you there. If interested in attending, but not eating, there is a $5 cover charge (prepaid only also). The deadline to send money is 10/23. Paypal $25 to (send via family/friends) email@example.com
. See flyer below for more information!
6. RACE DAY GROUP PHOTO - Race day photo will be at the Arm & Hammer stadium at 7:30am at the front steps. Stay tuned to the BGR! Facebook page
if anything changes.
7. RACE MORNING - For Wyndham Garden Trenton hotel guests ONLY
, there will be a continental breakfast setup the morning of the race. There is no room service at the hotel during the weekend, but there is a restaurant onsite and the race will be providing light snacks for us race morning. Transportation will be provided by the race for hotel guests to/from the start/finish line.
8. START LINE - Race starts at 8am on Saturday, October 29. Black Girls RUN! will have an area at the start line with our own porto-potties (YAY!).
9. FINISH LINE - At the finish line (in the stadium), Black Girls RUN! will have a booth near the finish line where you can come to receive your 2nd bling. Again, you must come to the booth in the stadium (not the start line) to receive your 2nd medal.
10. VIRTUAL RACE - If you signed up for the virtual race (deadline October 22nd), the race coordinators will start mailing your medals and/or BGR! shirts on October 21st to receive in time for the race day. Enjoy your run!
FINALLY, HAVE FUN! - Have a great weekend and tons of fun! For any onsite Black Girls RUN!
questions/concerns about the Trenton weekend, please email Jay Ell Alexander, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a comment