Happy 10th Birthday Black Girls RUN!
2019 is a special year for Black Girls RUN! because we will be celebrating 10 years on the pavement! 10 years of changing lives, creating a sisterhood, logging miles, bringing the energy and creating a national MOVEMENT!
We invite BGR! Nation to join us on the pavement for a virtual run to celebrate our 10th birthday on Saturday, April 27th! If you are unable to join us on April 27th, feel free to run any day in April. You will receive your medal/bib beginning the week of April 21st.
How Does It Work?
1) Register online for the virtual run challenge (Ask your friends and family to register too!) The registration deadline is Sunday, April 14th, 2019 (or when registration sells out, so please register asap).
2) Train or just run/walk leading up to April 27th!
3) Plan your run! Choose a location, and do not forget to map it before hand to complete your run. You can also get it in at the gym! You can run 1 mile, 5K, 10K or longer! It is totally up to you!
4) Connect with your local Black Girls RUN! group! Many of our groups will running together that Saturday or Sunday. Feel free to connect with them to get some on the ground support! You can join Black Girls RUN! and/or find a group in your city by signing up at www.blackgirlsrun.com.
5) Receive your bib, special gift and medal in the mail, you will receive the week of April 21st! Hit the pavement alone or encourage your friends and co-workers to join you!
It does not matter your pace, location, or time you run. Just get it in! Tweet @blackgirlsrun, or Instagram @officialblackgirlsrun your virtual run photos. Use #blackgirlsrun #happybirthdaybgr when posting your photos!
7) Once you’ve completed your run, upload your race time to our virtual race roster. This form will be emailed to you again closer to race day. Please submit your time by Wednesday, May 1.
And, Congratulations! You did it!
For questions or more information about this event, email email@example.com.