The BGR! Spring National Meet-Up at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NC Race 13.1 Greensboro, NC is just over two months away! If you haven’t registered yet, be sure to do that here by March 15 so you can get the extra BGR swag!
If you haven’t started training for the half marathon, 10k or 5k yet, don’t stress! The crew over at Race 13.1 put together some insight on the course below, and if you’re not a part of a training group already, they have some FREE training plans (for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels!) that you can check out here!
Be sure to check out the course map and turn-by-turn directions for all three distances so you can be totally prepared for race day! If you’ve raced this event before, take note that there’s a new course for the half marathon this year featuring a 40% elevation decrease from previous years!
BCBSNC Race 13.1 Greensboro Half Marathon Course Breakdown:
- The race starts and finishes at Friendly Center - Greensboro’s premier shopping and dining destination - which provides plenty of parking right near the start/finish area, so you won’t waste energy getting from your car to the start line!
- The race starts with a slight downhill run, and then flattens out once you hit the greenway at mile 1.5.
- The course will be relatively flat until mile 5.25, where you’ll reach a hill on N. Church St.
- You’ll have a gradual uphill climb for about 1.25 miles until the half marathon turnaround at Paige High School.
- Once you hit the turnaround, you’ll return back down the hill, and the course stays pretty flat after you pass Church St. and get back on the greenway.
- When you get off the greenway onto Friendly Center property on your return, you’ll finish with a gradual uphill the last 1.5 miles. Be sure to work in some hill training so you’re ready to go on race day!
- There will be plenty of aid stations throughout the course with water and sports drink at each stop. Need some additional energy out on the course? Take advantage of the 20% off coupon you’ll receive leading up to race day at Omega Sports, where packet pick-up will be!
Be sure to check out the course map and Race 13.1 training plans at Race131.com! If you need to register for the event, click here, and if you’d like to purchase extra swag, click here!
Leave a comment