For Easter Dinner, I had this great idea that I would make Meatless Meatloaf with cauliflower mash, and organic corn. The prep time for the "meat" loaf is the same as making regular meatloaf. I was pleasantly surprised. It was real good and filling. Who would have thought you can have Meatless Meatloaf? I used this recipe courtesy of http://vegetarianmamma.com/vegetable-meat-loaf-glutenfree-vegan/ ** GF stands for Gluten Free** Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon oil 1 3/4 cup veggie broth 4 Tablespoon GF Vegan Worcestershire sauce 3 teaspoon GF liquid smoke 2 cups GF TVP (textured vegetable protein) (sub this with Beef Free Crumbs - see image) 1/2 red onion, diced 1/4 cup red pepper, diced 1/4 cup green pepper, diced 1 cup GF oats 1 3/4 cup ketchup 2 Tablespoon GF all purpose flour salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Bring broth, 2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce and 2 teaspoon liquid smoke to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in Beef Free Crumbs and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan, saute onion and bell pepper until soft.
- Add Beef Free Crumbs, oats, gluten flour, ketchup, flour, 2 teaspoon worcestershire and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke to the onion mixture.
- Stir to mix and use hands to shape into a loaf.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Add remaining ketchup on top of loaf and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool.
[caption id="attachment_67648" align="alignleft" width="150"]
Beef Free Crumble[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_67649" align="alignleft" width="150"]
Cauliflower Mash Ingredients
1 whole Cauliflower 1 t of sea salt Directions:
- Bring to boil water and sea salt
- Add Cauliflower for about 10 minutes or less
- Put cooked cauliflower in food processor and puree until smooth
- Add a dash of sea salt for flavor
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.