How often do you stretch? Stretching should be done before and after a workout. Below I have listed 10 reason why it is very important for you to stretch regularly.
- reduce muscle tension, and make the body feel more relaxed
- increase the range of motion
- prevent muscle strains: a strong pre-stretched muscle resists stress better than a strong unstretched muscle
- prevent joint strains
- reduce the risk of back problems
- prepare the body for strenuous exercise
- increase ‘body awareness’
- promote circulation
- increase the learning, practice, and performance of many types of skilled movements
- reduce muscular soreness
Too often after a workout we just go home jump in the shower and continue on with our evening. Starting today, challenge yourself to stretch at least 10 minutes after your workout. After you have completed your stretching please share with us by commenting below.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.