There's not many opportunities to get a running tour of our nation's capital, but the Rock n' Roll race series is making it possible. Combine a little Rock n' Roll flare with the history and heritage of Washington, DC and you have a race you'll never forget. We've heard GREAT things about the race and we can't wait to hit the streets of DC to represent. But if you need a little more convincing, here's 10 reasons to run the nation's capital, even if you aren't a runner!
1. There's now a Mini Marathon,
which will be a 5k distance. It will start and finish at the Robert F. Kennedy Stadium.
2. You might catch a glimpse of the First Family.
3. Roll like a true VIP with the race's VIP Lounge Upgrade for sale for $90
. Perks include:
- Reserved VIP parking at the finish line opens at 5:00am (Includes a one-way metro card for a quick ride to the start)
- Indoor VIP Lounge at the Start Line (Open from 6:30am – 7:30am)
- Pre-race continental breakfast with coffee, fruit and assorted breakfast breads
- Access to the finish fine VIP area (open from 8:00am – 1:30pm)
- Post-race catered lunch buffet and beverages, including Michelob Ultra & Gatorade
- Private VIP restrooms
- Private gear check
- Post-race VIP shuttle back to the headquarter hotel -Washington Marriott at Metro Center (shuttle departs every hour, last shuttle run at 1:30pm)
4. What better way to get some bling and some family time. Check out this list of 100 Free (& Almost Free) Things to Do in Washington DC
5. We all know how crazy DC parking can be. There will be prepaid Premium Parking at the Finish Line
(which includes a metro pass for the ride to the start line) for sale for $20. Spots are limited.
6. There's even something for the kids! KiDS ROCK DC
has been confirmed to start at noon on Sunday, March 16th. Races will be 1 mile for 1st-6th grade and ½ mile for Kindergarten.
7. The course is nothing short of amazing! Check out the full interactive course at www.runrocknroll.com/usa/course
8. Rock out at the Post-Race Concert, which will feature "The Head and The Heart"
9. Don't forget to check out one of DC's swankiest parts of town, Georgetown
. Who doesn't like great shopping and great food?
10. The BGR! crew will be in full effect! Don't forget to use discount code BGR2014
for $10 OFF race registration! Hey! Every little bit helps!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.