We normally don't post on Sundays and I normally don't cook, but change is inevitable. I tweeted about this recipe (@blackgirlsrun) and received several requests to share on the website. Let me preface this by saying, I really don't cook so you know how easy this is. I'm okay with having veggie dogs for dinner every night, but when I came across this recipe it sounded so delicious I couldn't pass it up. It's super easy to make, it's a great summer BBQ side dish and who can pass up anything with fresh fruit? I do want to warn you that I tried to save the leftovers and it was a complete failure. I suggest making this right before serving. Also, go light on the feta to decrease the calories. Enjoy!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the almonds, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted almonds, romaine lettuce, strawberries, and feta cheese. Cover with the dressing mixture, and toss to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 378 | Total Fat: 34.3g | Cholesterol: 22mg
Recipe and photo taken from allrecipes.com.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.