Trainer Tasha Turnbull (@Tasha_T2) is leading BGR! U Tone Your Run. There will be five workouts each week in March. Total body, legs, abs, sprints... we're doing it all!
Tasha shared a sneak peek of Tone Your Run tips on this week's live cast, and in case you missed it, we pulled together some of Tasha's most tweetable tips!
If you're like us, you will want more already... there's only a few days until class begins, so click to register for the March training with Tasha. We can't wait to see you there... it's going to be hard, and it's going to be worth it!
- If you want results, you can't keep doing the same thing. Strength training will change the power in your run.
- Take 2 rest days a week. This is how your body repairs and gets stronger.
- For a jumping exercise, remember you can modify. Go up on your toes, or limit your squat.
- Intervals can get great results. It spikes your caloric burn more than the elliptical or a steady run.
- Get upper body and lower body weights. Women can usually do more with legs, so you need the variety in weights.
Start lifting & you will get sore. Keep going! Soreness is a sign that you're burning calories after a workout.
- The best snacks are carbs + protein. Carbs for energy, protein for satiety. Eat more than an apple, but stay under 200 cal.
You can catch the spreecast playback here, including a great Q&A. Thanks to Tasha with T2 Fitness for sharing her insights with us... let's get to toning!
Leave a comment